Thursday, February 25, 2016

And so it continues....

Yes, so, remember how yesterday afternoon I was hoping that the rest of the week would improve?  Yeah well....it's not looking good.  Last night I discovered my crock pot was pretty much breathing its last breaths.  Yesterday I planned to make slow cooker stuffed meatballs.  Ya know that recipe that has been all over Facebook from the page called Tasty?  Yep...those.  They are GREAT!  We have had them a few times.  It's a good recipe and it's pretty quick being that you cook them on high for a short time.  Well, I have noticed that my crock pot had been taking longer to heat up, but I'd still been able to use it.  Last night, I made my meatballs, placed them in the crock pot and while I was supposed to let them cook for 2.5hrs on high, it was actually more like 3-3.5hrs on high, just because I forgot to turn  it off.  When it was finally time to have some, they were mostly cooked, but the meat was still pink in a lot of places and the cheese hadn't melted at all! :(  What do you do then?  You put your plate in the microwave and let it finish cooking them quickly.  They were still good, but today I broke down and ordered a new crock pot.  geez....can nothing else break/die this week????

No comments: