Friday, March 04, 2016
Online shopping is amazing!
Ok, I am really not from the stone age. I have shopped online for years. Seriously, I was probably one of the first who happily plugged my credit card into the internet and let stuff show up on my door. So yes, I have shopped for years online, but what I mean now is how amazing it is that more and more big box retailers are getting in on the act! Does it make me sound lazy to order all my crap online? Well, let's break it down: I can shop in my pj's. I can shop with my coffee in hand (yeah, I know, I can do that in store too....work with me) I can shop at the odd hours of the day or night when stores may be closed. I can shop when I am in places in public, just to kill time. Let me elaborate on that last one. When we were at Disneyland a couple of months ago, it wasn't crazy busy, but yeah, we had to stand in line. While standing in line for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, I was on Amazon and Boom! I ordered L some new shoes! This morning I was sitting at my kids' school, waiting for the award ceremony to start and I am again on Amazon, shopping for all of our household necessities. Ok, I do actually shop other places than just Amazon. In fact, that is the post of this post, it was just that those two instances were Amazon. I digress... This week I have placed online orders with both Costco and Target, through Google Express! Woot! With Costco, I'm not talking about the stuff you find on their regular website, but my groceries! You mean I don't have to go into our local Costco if I don't want to, but I still get what I need? YES! I detest our Costco. It's too busy, it's too small, and why do people have to bring their entire family and then just gang around the sample stands? Get your random crap and move! Ok, no, I can't get my fresh groceries from Google Express Costco, but I can get the heavy stuff that I now don't have to lug home ;) It was $4.99 for the service fee. Worth it? You bet your sweet ass it was! Same with Target. It's not like I am going to order my Eggo Waffles from Google Express Target, but I did order all the household stuff. And would I pay to use the service again? Yup. Again, do I sound lazy to order my necessities online? No, I don't think so! Let's look at it this way, I don't get everything I need in one store. I go to this store, then that store, then this other one over here, and oh, don't forget that one, too! Nothing is really all that close in our town. There's a lot of traffic, and sitting in traffic plus driving to this and that store means you are using gas. Gas isn't cheap! It's cheaper than it has been in a very long time, but still, they aren't just handing it out! Life is busy. I love the idea of ordering what I need and then knowing it will come to me in a day or so. Also, there's not going to be the impulse buying online that I would do in the store! So, is it worth it? To me, oh yeah!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment